24 Plus Loan

Advanced Learner Loan applicable

AS/A Level Biology

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: To apply for this course you will need to meet the minimum requirements and have a Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics and Biology or Combined Science.

What will I learn?

If you have an interest in science or ambitions to study Medicine or Biology then A-level Chemistry offers the best foundations on which to build.

You will explore the theory behind and develop a range of practical skills in:

• Cells, molecules and enzymes
  • Genes and genetic coding
  • Physiology
  • Social and ethical contexts of Biology

Biology is the scientific study of living organisms, an exploration that has developed over the past few decades to reveal a dazzling wealth of knowledge about ourselves and the millions of other organisms on Earth. Biology will play a major role in meeting many of the challenges facing us in the 21st century: saving endangered species, curing deadly diseases and feeding an ever-growing population.

A-Level Biology allows you to investigate living organisms and the environments and ecosystems they occupy.

What could I progress on to?

Completion of this course may facilitate access to degrees including Medicine, Biology, or Biochemistry.

Students could progress onto apprenticeships or employment in laboratory-based roles.

Additional Course Details for 17/18

• Study Year Year 1
    Course code 1102
    Course name A Level Biology Y1
    Campus Station Plaza
    Study mode
    Start date 11/09/17
    Duration 34 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup