24 Plus Loan

Advanced Learner Loan applicable

A2 / A Level Physics

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: To apply for this course you will need to meet the minimum requirements and have a Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics.

What will I learn?

If you have an interest in science or ambitions to study Engineering then A-level Physics offers the best foundations on which to build.

If you are curious about how everything in the world around us works then physics is crucial to this. During the course you will start to understand physical theory while remaining mindful of the real-life context for each area of study. You will also develop practical and investigative skills, and compare these to how scientists work in current research contexts. Your studies will include the following topics: Mechanics and Further Mechanics Electric Circuits Electric and Magnetic Fields Nuclear and Particle Physics Waves and Particle Nature of Light Thermodynamics* Oscillations

What could I progress on to?

Completion of this course may facilitate access to degrees including Physics or Engineering. Students could progress onto apprenticeships or employment in laboratory-based roles.

Additional Course Details for 17/18

• Study Year Year 1
    Course code 1102
    Course name A Level Physics Y1
    Campus Station Plaza
    Study mode
    Start date 11/09/17
    Duration 34 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup