24 Plus Loan

Advanced Learner Loan applicable

A Level Physics

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: To apply for this course you will need to meet the minimum requirements and have a Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics.

What will I learn?

During this two-year course you will discover how everything from elementary particles and living cells to solids and gases function.

Over the duration of the course you will begin to understand that physics is critical to how everything in the world works. You will study in the inner workings on mechanics, paying particular attention to motion, forces, work and energy. You will understand electrons, waves and photons, and analyse the Newtonian world, all while applying theoretical knowledge and giving it a ‘real-life’ context.

During the course you will study a range of topics including:

• Mechanics and further mechanics
  • Electrical circuits
  • Electric and magnetic fields
  • Nuclear and particle physics
  • Waves and particle nature of light
  • Thermodynamics
  • Oscillations

By the end of the course you will think like a true Physician and be fascinated by how things works and understand how Physics has underpinned recent technological developments that have revolutionised our world, such as mobile phones, the Internet and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scanning.

Your progress will be regularly assessed by tests, and coursework, with regular feedback and guidance being offered for constant improvement.

What could I progress on to?

Completion of this course may facilitate access onto degrees courses including Physics or Engineering. Alternatively, you could progress onto an apprenticeship or employment in laboratory-based roles.

There will also be a number of career opportunities available to you including roles in medicine, engineering, and astrophysics.

There may be some additional costs during the course for trips and visits to further your learning.

Additional Course Details for 18/19

• Study Year Year 1
    Course code 1102
    Course name A Level Physics Y1
    Campus Station Plaza
    Study mode
    Start date 10/09/18
    Duration 34 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup