24 Plus Loan

Advanced Learner Loan applicable

A Level Chemistry

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: To apply for this course you will need to meet the minimum requirements and have a Grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics and Chemistry or Combined Science.

What will I learn?

If you have an interest in science or ambitions to study Medicine or Veterinary Medicine then A-level Chemistry offers the best foundations on which to build.

How have experiments developed our idea of the atom? How does structure and bonding affect the physical properties of materials? How are medicines developed and how can we test them for purity? Chemistry is the study of explaining the world around us through experiment and theory, and of developing new materials to improve life for people worldwide.A-level Chemistry will develop your understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of the subject and will build on your GCSE knowledge through the study of chemical calculations and organic mechanisms.You will explore the theory behind and develop a range of practical skills in: The inorganic chemistry of main group and transition elements The organic chemistry of functional groups and synthesis The physical chemistry of kinetics, equilibria and energetics Analytical chemistry including spectroscopic techniques

What could I progress on to?

Completion of this course may facilitate access to degrees including Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacology, Chemical Engineering, Dietetics and Pharmacy. Students could progress onto apprenticeships or employment in laboratory-based roles.

Additional Course Details for 18/19

• Study Year Year 1
    Course code 1102
    Course name A Level Chemistry Y1
    Campus Station Plaza
    Study mode
    Start date 10/09/18
    Duration 34 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup