24 Plus Loan

Advanced Learner Loan applicable

A-Level Geography

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: 5 GCSEs grade A*/9 - C/4 including English and maths plus any subject specific entry requirements.

What will I learn?

During this two-year course you will develop a wider understanding of geographical issues such as climate change and migration, and develop a range of skills that will give you a wider choice in university applications.

During the course you will be able to build on your knowledge from previous study to gain a deeper understanding of geographical issues including population change, the coastal environment, rivers and flood management, world cities, development and globalisation, and plate tectonics.

You will also learn a whole host of transferable skills, such as observation, measurement, analysis, interpretation and reporting; all highly prized by universities and employers.

You will study a range of topics including:

• Rivers, floods and management
  • Population change
  • Coastal environments
  • Food supply
  • Energy
  • Health
  • Plate tectonics
  • World cities
  • Development and globalisation

Once you have completed this qualification you will be able to gain access to a wide range of university courses, both within and outside the geography curriculum.

What could I progress on to?

Once you have completed this qualification you will be able to gain access to a wide range of university courses, both within and outside the geography curriculum.

There are a number of career opportunities available to you such as becoming a Cartographer, a Commercial/residential surveyor, an Environmental consultant, a Geographical information systems officer, a Planning and development surveyor, a Town planner or a teacher.

There may be some additional costs during the course for trips and visits to further your learning.

Additional Course Details for 19/20

• Study Year Year 1
    Course code 1102
    Course name A Level Geography Y1
    Campus Station Plaza Campus
    Study mode
    Full Cost Fees £2,025.00
    Start date 09/09/19
    Duration 34 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup