BA (Hons) Animation Arts & Practice
What will I learn?
Our BA (Hons) Animation Art and Practice will give you a solid understanding, and a range of practical experience, for you to build your career. You will focus on animation and learn transferable skills and technical knowhow to give you an edge in the industry.
During the course you will study a range of topics including:
- Principles of Animation, traditional hand drawn and 2d animation techniques and skills.
- Stop Frame Animation, experimentation, pre-production, narrative planning, storyboard, character and set design, film, sound and editing.
- Introduction to Historical and Contextual and Critical studies
- Introduction to CGI 3D animation, modelling and rigging.
- Commercial Project: self-initiated content, animation production and end of year show.
- Live Action-animation compositing workshop.
- Professional Development application to industry experience and work.
- Contemporary Critical Studies.
- Self-initiated animation project for Final Degree Show
- Experimental film making and development of animation film language.
- Professional Development and progression.
- Final self-initiated project and end of year screening.
- Character and set design, animation film lanaguage, film making,CGI 3D animation, Professional development, Work experience, Principles of animation
What could I progress on to?
Once you have graduated, you will have a diverse range of skills to start you career with. You are now fully-equipped to enter the creative industry in a number of areas including animation, web design, advertising or illustration. You may decide to begin freelance work, or progress onto MA Animation programmes, or even into teaching.
Additional Course Details for 17/18
Course code 16646Y1 Course name BA (Hons) Animation & Applied Arts Year 1 Campus Station Plaza Study mode Full-Time Days Monday + Tuesday + Wednesday Start date 25/09/17 Duration 30 week (s)