Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Advanced Learner Loan applicable
What will I learn?
The course is aimed at learners who have completed a level 3 STALIS qualification and who wish to take more responsibility in the classroom, Learners will be expected to experience working with individuals and small groups as well as gaining essential insight into supporting pupils with special educational needs. Learners must be working in a classroom environment.
The course consists of 7 mandatory units;-
- Professional Knowledge and Development for Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Child Development and Well-being.
- Supporting Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs
- Promoting Children and Young Peoples Positive Behaviour.
- Working with Individuals and Groups of Learners.
- Positive Working Relationships.
- Curriculum Planning, Monitoring, delivery and assessment.
Learners will work to assemble a portfolio of evidence in support with teaching professioanls and assessor to dempnstarted their competence at a high level.
Assessment methods will include workplace assessment, recognition of prior achievement and completion of a portfolio of evidence.
What could I progress on to?
The course will allow for learners to progress into a position as a HLTA in school or use this as a springboard into applying for teacher training ( university entry rules apply)
Additional Course Details for 17/18
If you have any questions please contact Student Services on (01424) 458475 or if available use the Enquiry button.
Course code 12502 Course name Level 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant Campus Study mode Part-Time Days Saturday 16-18 fee £0.00 Entitlement Waiver £0.00 Full Cost Fees £460.00 Start date 25/09/17 Duration 12 week (s)