E - Learning ABE (Level 3)
Advanced Learner Loan applicable
What entry requirements do I need?
You will need a minimum of: Level 2 qualification (5 x GCSEs Grades A C) to include English or Level 2 NVQ, Provide a copy of CV, Provide ID, valid passport (if you cannot provide a passport then a driving licence or birth certificate), Offer of place on the course is on condition that the induction assessment has been passed within the induction period, Minimum 8 10 hours commitment to study time per week
What will I learn?
Why choose to study with us?
Not only do we have over 25 years' experience of delivering education and training to over 5,000 new students each year, we have built a reputation for providing quality ELearning too!
This means you can still benefit from our excellent education, even if you can't fit your lifestyle or schedule around our college timetable.
All our ELearning courses are accredited by established institutes and have national recognition.
The ABE Level 3 Certificate in Business Start-up is delivered 100% via ELearning, so you do not need to attend classes in the College but have the flexibility to study at times to fit around your existing commitments.
This course is best suited for:
- People with a trade who want to work for themselves
- People with an idea but no business experience
- Young people who want an 'A' level equivalent
- People who think they are wasted in their job
- People who don't have a job and need to earn a living
Sussex Coast College offers an Induction Period for ELearning courses which enables you to assess whether both the course and on-line mode of study is suitable for you. It also allows the College to assess your suitability, in particular whether you can produce work to meet the Standards set by the awarding body. As part of the entry requirements all ELearning courses require Learners to complete an induction assessment.
You will receive a VLE log in and an introduction from their assessor the week prior to the course start date. You will also be introduced to the VLE and released the induction assessment questions. Your first submission of the induction assessment is due 1 week after the course start date.
Enrolment onto the qualification is subject to successful completion of this assessment before the end of the induction period (31 days from the induction start date) and funding is in place to cover the course fees (if you have applied for the Advanced Learner Loan the loan must be Approved and your National Insurance number verified).
You will not incur any fees during the induction period, or have any outstanding loans to re-pay.
- Element 1 - Analyse entrepreneurial and market potential
- Element 2 - Build the business idea
- Element 3 - Plan the marketing approach
- Element 4 - Plan the operations
- Element 5 - Plan the budget
- Element 6 - Create the business plan and pitch
The course covers:
- How to build a business propositions
- How to research and analyse competitors
- How to write a business plan
- How to present a pitch
- How to plan for your business
- How to manage the day-to-day running of a business
- How to recognise when things are going wrong
A total of 36 credits are required to complete the course and achieve the qualification.
You should allow a total of around 360 study hours to complete the whole qualification, over 12 months if you study for 8 10 hours each week. If you study more hours each week you may finish the course more quickly.
This study time includes:
- working through the interactive content, including the activities
- completing the final assessment questions for each element;
- reading assessor/tutor feedback and reviewing course materials or other sources as directed
- re-submitting your assessment answers where requested within the set deadlines
This is a knowledge based course, and you will be required to answer questions and provide researched evidence, complete templates and create Word documents and charts.
The assessment method for this course is via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). In order to prepare your business plan, you are required to successfully complete tasks that relate to the first five elements of your course; your assessor will give you feedback on these tasks. These tasks will feed into your business plan, which is the assessment for Element 6. Your completed business plan will be first-marked by your assessor and then submitted to the awarding body for moderation and grading.
- Dedicated ELearning assessor
- ABE studying membership (to cover year of study for this course only)
What could I progress on to?
On completion of the qualification you will have a viable and realistic business plan. With this plan you can seek investment, successfully launch your business and run it completely once trading begins.
- Current CV
- Evidence/certificates of highest qualification
*(If a passport is out of date or you dont have one please contact 01424 458491 to discuss what other ID is accepted).
- Advanced Learner Loan*
- Employer funded
*Eligibility for the Advanced Learner Loan
You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course and are resident in England and have been living in the UK/EAA for the past 3 years.
For full guidance on eligibility please see GOV.UK Advanced Learner Loan website https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/eligibility
Additional Course Details for 18/19
Course code 20000 Course name E-Learning ABE Application Course L3 Campus Offsite Premises Study mode Start date 01/08/16 Duration 36 week (s)
Additional Course Details for 19/20
Course code 20000 Course name E-Learning ABE Application Course L3 Campus Offsite Premises Study mode Start date 31/07/17 Duration 36 week (s)