Engineering Machining Taster or Refresher
What will I learn?
- Workshop Health and Safety
- Introduction to the basic use of lathes and milling machines
- Different types of Equipment and tooling used
- Production of simple products using different materials
- Reading simple engineering drawings
- Using precision measuring equipment
This course offers applicants the opportunity to use industrial standard manual milling and manual turning equipment. Techniques such as knurling, taper turning, threading, chamfering, parallel turning, slot drilling, end milling and many more will be covered. Producing components to close tolerances, generally less than 0.25mm, whilst learning how to read and understand engineering drawings alongside the use of precision measuring apparatus.
Additional Course Details for 17/18
If you have any questions please contact Student Services on (01424) 458475 or if available use the Enquiry button.
Course code 18049 Course name Engineering Machining Taster/ Refresher Campus Study mode Part-Time Days Tbc 16-18 fee £300.00 Entitlement Waiver £300.00 Full Cost Fees £300.00 Start date 22/01/18 Duration 5 week (s)