Vehicle Maintenance Level 1

What entry requirements do I need?

You will need a minimum of: 2 GCSEs grade E/2 - G/1 including English and maths and completion of our Foundation Skills course.

What will I learn?

During this course you will gain the essential knowledge for mechanics and cover the basic technical requirements for the light vehicle repair and maintenance industry. You will learn about the diverse aspects within the modern retail motor industry in our dedicated garages and workshops at our Automotive Training Centre. You will cover everything from the tools, equipment and materials used in the industry to vehicle valeting. Your studies will also have a focus on English, maths, IT and employability skills, all of which are essential for progression into Level 2 or starting your career in the motor industry.

You will explore a range of topics including:

• Health and safety
  • Tools, equipment and materials
  • Vehicle valeting
  • Engine systems, components and operations
  • Steering and suspension systems
  • Vehicle braking systems
  • Vehicle wheels and tyres
  • Vehicle exhaust systems
  • Maths Functional Skills
  • English Functional Skills
  • Employability Skills

During this one-year course you will use your passion and interest for cars to give you a solid understanding of how to maintain them professionally.

Your assessments will be made up of 50% practical, 25% coursework and 25% exams.

What could I progress on to?

On completion of this course you will have a solid base from which to build your knowledge in car and vehicle repair further. You may look to progress onto Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 2.

There are a number of career opportunities available for you in the motor industry such as becoming a Trainee mechanic, working in Service reception or Vehicle sales.

There will be a small additional cost for the course as you will be required to wear safety boots and black work trousers during the course.

Additional Course Details for 19/20

• Course code 1438
    Course name Level 1 in Vehicle Maintenance
    Campus Automotive Training Centre
    Study mode Full-Time
    Start date 11/09/19
    Duration 36 week (s)

E-News Signup

fb-like

popup