Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
This is an advanced course aimed at those who have a real interest in vehicle technology and want to improve their diagnostic skills and knowledge of fault rectification.This gives students the knowledge and skills in light vehicle technology required to progress to university or employment in the automotive industry. You will have the use of our excellent workshop facilities and industry standard equipment. You will work independently and as part of a team to fault-find and diagnose electrical and mechanical faults on a wide range of light vehicles. The course also develops other essential skills needed to do well in the automotive industry skills such as math, English, IT and work skills.
To find out more about this course or to discuss your application,
call Paul Simmonds on 01424 458324 / 01424 442222.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs A-C including English, maths or
- Successful completion of the Level 2 Vehicle Maintenance with an average 80% pass mark including English and maths at Level 2
- Sufficient industry experience and working at Level 2 in English and maths.
How will I be assessed?
40% practical, 30% coursework and 30% exams.
What will I learn?
Course modules include:
- Engine diagnostics and repair
- Electronic and electrical system diagnostics and repair
- Transmission diagnostic and repair
- Chassis systems diagnostics and repair.
- Skilled mechanic
- Service reception
- MOT tester
Succesful completion will enable you to progress to a job or Higher Education.
What are my career opportunities?
Are there any extra costs?
Suitable safety boots and black work trousers are required.
Kit / equipment fee £60
Trip and event fee £40