Equal Opportunities Employer
Our core values centre around inclusiveness, respect and equality for all. The college thrives with a diverse workforce and all the benefits it brings to the organisation.
We are fully committed to providing equal opportunities in both employment and education.
Staff are responsible for promoting and advancing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace, and with our learners and partners.
Our staff are expected to adhere to the College Code of Conduct and increase their knowledge of EDI through staff training days, seminars, on-line guidance and bespoke training in their areas.
Our Staff Development programme aims to empower staff to fulfil the College’s legal duties and meet our Equality objectives.
Two Ticks Disability Symbol
The college is a ‘Two Ticks’ Disability employer. We are committed to the recruitment, employment, retention and development of all disabled people we employee.
We continually strive to improve employment opportunities for disabled people and have made 5 commitments in regards to recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness:
- To invite all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for a job vacancy to take part in the selection process and to consider them on their abilities
- To discuss with disabled staff, at any time, but at least once a year, what the college can do to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when staff become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To ensure that all staff develop the appropriate level of disability awareness to make these commitments work
- To review these commitments each year, assess what has been achieved, and plan ways to improve on them
Investors in Diversity
As an equal opportunities employer, SCCH promotes the recruitment development and retention of a diverse workforce to ensure equality of treatment for all staff. SCCH aims to provide a working environment that values cultural diversity and treats people with fairness and respect in order to maximise their talents and resources.
Working with Investors in Diversity gave the organisation a framework against which to analyse its performance and identify areas for further development and improvement.
Recruitment of Ex-offenders
We are committed to the fair treatment of staff and job applicants, in accordance with the college’s Equality and Diversity policy, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates, including those with criminal records.
To meet our safeguarding obligations, a Disclosure is required for all staff. The college complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants fairly.