Learning Resource Centres
Students and staff can find the LRCs on the second floor of the Station Plaza site and the Ore Valley site of the College. The LRCs cater for different learning styles with quiet zones for study, research and computer work, and areas for group work and discussion. Station Plaza LRC also has group study pods and a silent study room aimed particularly at higher education students.
For more information on the LRCs visit: http://www.hastings.ac.uk/library
The automated self-service system means LRC staff are available to support students with their research while users issue and return items themselves.
Users can check opening times, search our catalogue and reserve books online at http://www.hastings.ac.uk/library.
The LRCs run a Study Skills Programme for any students who require extra help with their work or research. If students require any support with their work which is not listed below, please visit the LRC as the staff may be able to help.
Available support includes:
- Proofreading (24 hour turnaround may be required during busy times)
- Essay structure
- Presentations and leaflets
- Layout of work
- Planning and time management
- Use of Microsoft Office programmes
Study Skills drop-in times are 10am – 2pm at Station Plaza, and 10.30am – 2pm at Ore Valley.
The LRCs resources include:
- Open access computers which can also be booked in advance
- Windows 7 and Mac OSX operating systems
- Loanable netbooks at Ore Valley
- Books, audio books and e-books
- Printed newspapers and magazines / e-newspapers and e-magazines
- Videos / DVDs
- Colour / Black and White printing, scanning and photocopying
- Wi-Fi connection for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Access to e-resources including online journals, film and television and British Standards
Station Plaza: 01424 458 586
Ore Valley: 01424 458 318